Researcher Development: Strategic Publishing
Publishing your work is a multi-layered process. This workshop will introduce you to different elements involved in getting published, including how to select an appropriate journal in which to publish, and managing your impact.
- Identify journals in your discipline or area of research
- Determine useful metrics for journals and authors
- Become aware of predatory publishers and low impact journal titles
- Develop an understanding of open access publishing and the associated costs
- Understand the value of researcher IDs for measuring impact and promoting research
- Consider options for publishing data
Fremantle: St Teresa’s Library ND17/106. Please confirm your place by clicking the Register button below.
Broome & Sydney: via BlackBoard Collaborate Ultra. To have the Collaborate link sent to you, please contact Jackie Stevens firstname.lastname@example.org using your Notre Dame email address to have the link sent to you at least 1 hour before the session starts.
Researcher Development classes
The University Library offers a range of free workshops to help develop skills and strategies for researchers. You may attend as many of our research skills (including referencing), publishing and research management sessions as you like. Sessions are added or updated often, so do check the Library Classes calendar regularly.
Related LibGuide: Researchers by Jackie Stevens
- Friday, April 12, 2019
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- FRE-ND17/106 (Training Room)
- St Teresa's Library - Fremantle