Open Access Week: Wikipedia Editing Workshop
Wikipedia is the one of the first open access resources on the internet that many people consult for information on a topic. Because of this, our research community has an important interest in ensuring that Wikipedia has accurate, comprehensive coverage of content that links to freely available open access research literature.
Join Lydia Dawe, Liaison Librarian, for an interactive session which will cover:
- Detailed guidance for creating and editing Wikipedia entries in your area of research
- Suggestions for improving relevant articles
- Learning how to edit Wikipedia for beginners
- Using Open Access repositories and directories to discover articles to add to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia in the academic context
- Best practices for communication with other Wikipedia editors
This is a free event.
Venue: ND17/106 - St. Teresa's Library, Fremantle
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- (FRE) Room 6 - ND17/106
- Fremantle Campus