Notre Dame Researcher Profiles: SelectedWorks
This is an informal hands-on workshop to understand the benefits of utilising the University’s approved online researcher profile tool, SelectedWorks.
There is growing awareness that a researcher’s online presence is important to curate. The Research Office and Library staff are increasingly receiving enquiries from researchers who are keen to have some control over their profiles and tailor them to promote their research activity. Questions we will answer in this session include:
- Why SelectedWorks? Why not Academia.edu or ResearchGate? And why is it different from my School profile?
- ORCID: what is it, and how can it reduce workload and raise profiles? (We will set up ORCID accounts during session for those who don’t have them)
- What is a post-print (Accepted Manuscript Version) of my article, and why do I need it?
- What other benefits are there to having an institutional researcher profile?
- What types of information do I need to/can I add to my profile?
- From whom/how can I get support?
But feel free to bring your own question…
Places are limited for this session, but if you would like to book a workshop for your School please contact Jackie Stevens, Manager - Research Services: Jackie.email@example.com
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- FRE-ND17/106 (Training Room)
- Fremantle Campus